Employment Opportunity: Executive Assistant and Assistant Board Secretary (One-year contract)
May 09, 2014
About the Vancouver Board of Trade
For 127 years, The Vancouver Board of Trade has helped businesses of all sizes to grow and prosper. Our mission is to work in the enlightened interest of our members to promote, enhance and facilitate the development of the region as a Pacific centre for trade, commerce and travel. The Board strives to enable and empower its members to succeed, grow and prosper in the global economy.
Position Description, Executive Assistant and Assistant Board Secretary (One-year contract)
As the Executive Assistant and Assistant Board Secretary, you will provide professional and confidential administrative support to the President and CEO and the Board of Directors. To be successful in this position you must be results oriented and have demonstrated the ability to effectively prioritize workflow. You must be a self-starter, collaborative and be energized by a fast-paced environment that will put you at the epicentre of Vancouver’s business community.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
Duties and Responsibilities
President and CEO Support:
- Preparation of correspondence and daily administrative support, including answering and directing phone calls, drafting letters, mailing correspondence and meeting room preparation.
- Coordinate the CEO’s calendar including determining the nature and priority of meeting requests, most convenient time and location of meetings and anticipation of potential schedule changes.
- Coordinate the monthly CEO Board Report.
- Serving as a liaison between the President and CEO, Board of Directors, staff, members of The Vancouver Board of Trade, volunteers and the general public.
- Coordinate, assist and ensure deadlines are met on special projects as required and assigned by the CEO.
Board of Directors Support:
- Support the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Special Committees of the Board as well as the organization of the Annual General Meeting.
- Prepare and distribute Board packages. Including the preparation of agendas, meeting minutes and sending notifications and supporting materials to the Board.
- Coordinate schedule and support policy committees and task forces.
- Provide on-going administrative support to Board Chair and Committee Chairs.
- Coordinate meeting rooms, locations and catering.
- Bachelor’s degree or technical school diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of specialized and personal computer systems and databases, internet, and software applications, particularly Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated minimum three to five years of supporting Senior Level Executives.
- Prior experience of minute taking and liaising with Board Directors.
- Working both independently and collaboratively and under pressure.
- Organized, detail-oriented and skilled at balancing multiple tasks.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to effectively relate with peers, senior management and external parties.
- Proven professionalism, diplomacy, tactfulness, and an enthusiastic disposition are necessary attributes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in-person and by phone with a high level of professionalism.
- A team player, you are also self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
Special Factors / Physical Demands
This is a contract position located in downtown Vancouver. The contract start date will be May or June, 2014 and the end date will be August, 2015. The usual work week is 37.5 hours. The successful candidate will need to maintain a flexible schedule in order to participate in events that can occur early mornings, evenings and weekends.
If this still sounds like you, please apply by submitting a cover letter, including salary expectations and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:30 a.m. on Monday, June 2, 2014.