Employment Opportunity: Member Programs Coordinator
May 16, 2014
About The Vancouver Board of Trade
For 127 years, The Vancouver Board of Trade has helped businesses of all sizes to grow and prosper. Our mission is to work in the enlightened interest of our members to promote, enhance and facilitate the development of the region as a Pacific centre for trade, commerce and travel. The Board strives to enable and empower its members to succeed, grow and prosper in the global economy.
Position Description: Member Programs Coordinator
The Vancouver Board of Trade offers four unique programs which help to engage members in create lasting relationships, develop professional skills, and make community contributions. The Board now seeks a talented, innovative and highly personable individual to support the ongoing growth of the Member Programs. This position reports to the Director of Member Programs. The ideal candidate for this new position is a marketing generalist who thrives in a service-focused environment that delivers industry leading events to engage members. You must be a self-starter, collaborative and be energized by a fast-paced environment that will put you at the epicentre of Vancouver’s business community.
If this sounds like you, please read on.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall planning, execution and follow up of program events with a particular focus in events catering to participants in the Leaders of Tomorrow (LOT) Mentorship Program.
- Conduct interviews of LOT Program applicants and facilitate matching with best suited mentors.
- Work closely with the Director of Member Programs to ensure sponsorship entitlements are delivered.
- Working with the Board’s Marketing Specialist to ensure branding guidelines are maintained.
- Monitor and update Member Program web content.
- Write and edit event recap articles to be published on Boardoftrade.com and in The Board of Trade’s Sounding Board publication.
- Conduct LOT Program Presentations at post secondary schools across the lower mainland.
- Work with several volunteer committees to ensure students engagement, outreach, and fundraising targets are met.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a focus in marketing or communications.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of WordPress, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Experience working with volunteer committees.
- Sales experience is an asset.
- Event organization.
- Working both independently and collaboratively in a time sensitive environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Organized, detail-oriented and skilled at balancing multiple tasks.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to effectively relate with peers, senior leaders and external parties.
- Proven professionalism, diplomacy, tactfulness, and an enthusiastic disposition are necessary attributes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both in-person and by phone with a high level of professionalism.
- A team player, you are also self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
Special Factors / Physical Demands
This is a full time position located in downtown Vancouver beginning in June, 2014. The usual work week is 37.5 hours. The successful candidate will need to maintain a flexible schedule in order to participate in events that can occur early mornings, and evenings. Light lifting of equipment is also required.
If this still sounds like you, please apply by submitting a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8:30 am Monday, June 2, 2014.