SBC events are designed to provide Members with an opportunity to learn from thought leaders in the business community, accelerate their company's growth, and become a thriving member of Greater Vancouver's business community . SBC events enable Members to build connections at our networking breakfasts, as well as participate in professional development workshops. Members leave SBC events with new business contacts, new friends, and new skills and ideas they can apply to both their personal and professional life. SBC hosts monthly events called "Thrive Series", which engage small business owners from across Greater Vancouver. The format includes hot breakfast, interactive presentation, followed by an interactive roundtable discussion. Past events speakers have included:
- Simon Lowe, President, WA-2!
- Hussein Hallak, General Manager of Launch Academy
- Joel Marc, Principal Consultant, Atmos Consulting
- Shane Gibson, Social Media Speaker & Author, Guerrila Social Media Marketing
- Angela Chang, Tax Partner, MNP
- Rochelle Grayson, Co-Founder, ArtSites.ca