Giving back to the community is an important aspect of being part of the CYP program. Four times per year, the CYP team organizes community outreach initiatives that are meant to address an issue important to the Greater Vancouver region. Volunteering in a CYP Community Outreach Initiative is also a great way to connect with other Members in a more casual environment and learn about the great work local non-profit/charities are doing in the neighbourhood.
Some of CYP's past initiatives include:
- Variety Show of Hearts telethon
- Thank-a-thon with Covenant House
- Belkin House food preparation and serving
- Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup
- Tree planting for Earth Day (and Tree Week) for the Champlain Heights Community Association at Everett Crowley Park
- Greater Vancouver Food Bank donation sorting
- Blood Drive with Canadian Blood Services
Fundraising — more than $11,000 since 2013
Upcoming Community Outreach Initiatives
Please visit our events page to view all upcoming initiatives.
Suggest a CYP Community Outreach Initiative
CYP is always looking for new and innovative ways to make a positive impact on the Greater Vancouver area. If you have an idea for a Community Outreach Initiative, let us know!