A Conversation with Former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama
Program: 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- Please have your physical tickets with you before arriving at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre as there will be no reprint and no reissue of tickets
- For your safety, you will go through security screening before entry. Plan ahead and arrive early!
- Help us get you through the doors quickly. Please leave unneeded items and bags at home (large bags or backpacks will not be permitted).
- Large coats, umbrellas, or related items must be checked in at coat check • Cellphones must be turned off in the theatre as photos and videos are not permitted.
- Likewise, no cameras, camcorders, or other electronic recording devices will be permitted in the theatre. Failure to comply may result in your device being confiscated.
- Once the program has started, doors to the venue and theatre will be closed. No latecomers will be permitted entry.
Former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama will take part in a second special event hosted by the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade. "A Moderated Conversation with Former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama" will take place on the afternoon of February 15, 2018. Like the sold-out evening engagement, this event will take place at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre in Vancouver.
"We are thrilled that Michelle Obama, Former First Lady of the United States, will join the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade in an afternoon moderated conversation," said Iain Black, President and CEO of the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade. "Our focus will be engaging the participants and organizers of our sold out WE FOR SHE forums, and those of our unique GVBOT Signature Programs: Leaders of Tomorrow, Company of Young Professionals and our Women's Leadership Circle."
He continued: "Over 800 high school students from across British Columbia attended WE FOR SHE last November, and this event with Mrs. Obama will ensure that her words are heard by some of the people who will be most inspired by them: young women and the next generation of leaders."
"Michelle Obama is a role model for millions of women and youth, and an inspiring speaker," said Anne Giardini, Chair of the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade and Chancellor of Simon Fraser University. "We are elated that the Board of Trade is able to welcome her to Vancouver, and we look forward to hosting a compelling afternoon conversation between Mrs. Obama and our WE FOR SHE and Signature Program leaders."
Advance tickets, exclusively for Members of the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade, will be available for purchase online on Monday, January 22, 2018. If available, remaining tickets will go on sale to the general public on Thursday, January 25, 2018.
2017-18 Chair, Women's Leadership Circle
General Manager, Edelman Vancouver