A Night of Non-Profit Engagement and Board Recruitment
Dalai Lama Centre for Peace and Education
1133 W Hastings St, Vancouver
Tuscany - main floor
Vistas 360 - 19th floor
Welcome and Presentation 6:00-6:30 p.m.
Reception and Networking 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- African Community Technical Services (Acts for Water)
- Alzheimer's Society
- APPLAUSE! Musicals Society
- Aquafit for All
- Arts Club Theatre Company
- Better Environmentally Sound Transportation (BEST)
- Coho Society
- Dalai Lama Centre for Peace and Education
- Dixon Society
- Downtown Eastside Neighbourhood House
- Eastside Culture Crawl
- Fresh Roots
- Harvest Project
- HUB Cycling
- Laurier Institution
- Little Mountain Neighbourhood House
- Little Mountain Residential Care and Housing Society
- Metro Vancouver Regional Parks
- ONE TO ONE Literacy Society
- Parent Support Services Society of BC
- Pioneer Community Living Association
- Powell Street Festival Society
- Roedde House Museum
- Royal Canadian Theatre Company
- Seniors First BC
- Vancouver Opera
- Vancouver Orphan Kitten Rescue Association
- Vantage Point
- West End Community Centre Association
- Yaletown Kids
Don't miss our second annual Night of Non-profit Board Recruitment and Engagement, hosted by the CYP program's Outreach Team.
This event will provide opportunities for CYP Members to donate their time to local non-profits they are passionate about.
Throughout the evening, you will have the chance to meet with representatives from over 20 non-profits who are looking for young professionals to join their boards.
- Learn about the qualities that make a good board member
- Network with local non-profits looking for new board members
- Connect with fellow CYP Members
About the speaker:
Mary is a retired Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) for Vancouver-False Creek where she served from May 2009 to May 2013.
During her four years with the Provincial Government, Mary served as the Minister for Children and Family Development, where she was accountable for the ministry's overall annual budget of $1.331 billion and her general responsibilities included oversight of the ministries service lines - Child Protection & Family Development; Adoption; Foster Care; Early Childhood Development & Child Care; Child & Youth Mental Health; and Youth Justice & Youth Services.
Mary is currently the Board Chair of the Dalai Lama Centre for Peace and Education, serves on the Board of the Arpeg Group of Companies, and is a Director of the Mathisen Family Private Foundation. In the past Mary has served on the Vancouver Police Board from January 2004 to March 2008, as well as having served on the Board of Governors of Science World, on the Board of the Vancouver Opera, and as the Chair of BCIT's Fundraising Program Advisory Committee.