Wendy McDonald Diversity Awards Reception 2019
Awards Presentation: 6:00 - 6:45 p.m.
Reception & Networking: 6:45 - 7:30 p.m.
Join us at the beautiful Telus Garden to celebrate outstanding women and champions of women in our community. The annual Wendy McDonald Diversity Awards recognize individuals who are working to promote and increase diversity in leadership positions.
Hosted by the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade's Women's Leadership Circle (WLC) Program, this will be an evening of celebration, conversations, and connections.
- Meet past winners and learn about the outstanding contributions of the 2019 Wendy McDonald Diversity Award winners
- Connect with WLC Advisory Committee Members and Directors of the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade
- Learn about the Women's Leadership Circle's ongoing initiatives and plans for 2019
Community Catalyst: Caroline MacGillivray, Founder/Executive Director, Beauty Night Society
Diversity Champion: L. Scott Thomson, President and CEO, Finning International Inc.
Entrepreneurial Innovation: Claudia Lane Sjoberg, President/Owner, Pedalheads
Outstanding Mentor or Sponsor: Charleen Turner, Client Relationship Executive, Sun Life Financial
Women to Watch: Lizzy Karp, Senior Manager, Distribution, Experiential & Engagement, TELUS STORYHIVE
Master of Ceremonies
About the Awards:
Organized by the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade's Women's Leadership Circle, the Wendy McDonald Diversity Awards aim to increase the profile of outstanding women and champions of women in our community.
Now in it's fifth year, these annual awards are presented in honour of the late Wendy McDonald, a Canadian business icon who served as the first female Chair of the Greater Vancouver Board of Trade. Award categories include Diversity Champion, Community Catalyst, Entrepreneurial Innovation, Outstanding, Mentor/Sponsor, and Women to Watch.
- Brenda Lea Brown, Senior Program Manager, Partnership & Marketing, British Columbia Securities Commission
- Carolyn Cross, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Ondine Biomedical Inc.
- Fiona Douglas-Crampton, President and CEO, Dalai Lama Centre for Peace & Education
- Jill Earthy, Chief Growth Officer, FrontFundr
- Jan Grude, Senior Strategic Advisor, KPMG
- Isabel Jackson, Counsel, Department of Justice
- Don Kayne, Chief Executive Officer, Canfor
- Kari LaMotte, Director, Engagement, Entrepreneurship@UBC
- Careesa Liu, PhD Student and Researcher, Simon Fraser University
- Brian Mukeswe, Electrical Engineering Consultant, Midgard Consulting Inc.
- Kathy Parslow, Vice President, Claims and Driver Licensing, ICBC
- Joan Sheehan, Senior Vice President, Sales, STEMCELL Technologies
- Praveen Varshney, Director, Varshney Capital Group
- David Vaughan, Director, Sales, TELUS
- Kory Wilson, Executive Director, Indigenous Initiatives and Partnerships, BCIT