Trade Accelerator Program: Creative Industries
Workshop Days: 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Mentorship Days: 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
This program requires you to attend all five sessions.
Workshop Days – in person
- Oct 04
- Oct 05
- Oct 06
Mentorship Days – virtual
- Nov 02
- Nov 03
Application Deadline: 27 September, 2022
If you have any questions, please contact .
We are pleased to invite you to participate in the Creative Industries Cohort of the Trade Accelerator Program (TAP)!
TAP is designed to help SMEs TAP into their full export potential. It has a proven track record helping participants get results.
With new trade agreements, a competitive Canadian dollar, and new business opportunities, now is the ideal time to extend your company's reach through international expansion of goods and services.
Since 2017, World Trade Centre Vancouver has successfully delivered 27 TAP cohorts in B.C.
Just six months after graduating the program:
- On average, export revenue increased by 23%
- Participants forecast their export sales to grow 47% over the next 5 years
By enrolling in TAP you can:
- Navigate complexities of the global trade ecosystem
- Leverage Canada's deep trade and investment resources
- Access tailored, face-to-face coaching and advice
- Learn about international best practices
- Accelerate export readiness
- Develop and implement a new market entry plan
- Expand your global trade footprint and increase revenue
Four Groups of Creative Industries:
- Heritage: Traditional Cultural Expressions, ex. art gallery for Indigenous arts or artisanal jewelry
- Arts: Visual Arts, Performing Arts, ex. Cirque du Soleil
- Media: Motion Picture, Video and Sound Recording, Broadcasting, Print and Publishing, ex. film and television production companies
- Functional Creations: Design, New Media (Software, Video Games, AR, and VR) and Creative Services (R&D, Architecture, Advertising, Fashion Design)
A growing number of SMEs have benefitted from the program in B.C.
Listen to what graduates have to say about the program HERE.
This was an exceptionally well-designed program that took us from our export idea all the way to ready to a solid plan, in just four program days. The ability to get such great feedback from so many experts was tremendous. I had planned for just my business partner to go but am extremely glad I was required to go as well! Highly recommended.
DreamRider Productions Society — Abbotsford, BC
What an impressive, effective, well-executed program. Top 3 best I've ever done, and I've done A LOT of courses, workshops and certifications, including my MBA. I'm also formally educated in adult education, train-the-trainer certified and very experienced at facilitation, so I have a deep appreciation for how truly exemplary TAP is.
Through and Thru Films — Squamish, BC
We had a great time throughout the program; the speakers and domain experts would normally have taken weeks to sit down with and learn from without this setting. All the other businesses in attendance have similar ambitions and challenges so I’ve stayed in touch with several to continue to share information and resources with each other. The structure of the program overall was well timed to make sure we had enough time to research and write our plan at a manageable pace.
FreshWorks Studio — Victoria, BC
TAP has given us a breadth of clarity in terms of what it means to properly develop our company for exporting. It feels like we’ve just completed a class in business school and are ready to continue forward with more knowledge than we ever expected. We will be forever grateful. Because of TAP, we've made connections with people and resources that we were unaware of and we're ready to take our business into the USA with confidence.
Paintillio — Sechelt, BC
Learn more about the program and apply today at tapbc.ca.
Have questions? Call TAP B.C. Team on 604-640-5491 or email .
World Trade Center Vancouver is part of the World Trade Centers Association, a not-for-profit, non-partisan association dedicated to the establishment and effective operation of World Trade Centers as instruments for trade expansion. The World Trade Centers Association is an international ecosystem of global connections and integrated trade services made up of over 324 World Trade Center locations in 89 countries, representing over 750,000 businesses globally.