A Conversation with Former U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama
Program: 6:00 - 7:45 p.m.
- Please have your physical tickets with you before arriving at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre as there will be no reprint and no reissue of tickets
- For your safety, you will go through security screening before entry. Plan ahead and arrive early!
- Help us get you through the doors quickly. Please leave unneeded items and bags at home (large bags or backpacks will not be permitted).
- Large coats, umbrellas, or related items must be checked in at coat check • Cellphones must be turned off in the theatre as photos and videos are not permitted.
- Likewise, no cameras, camcorders, or other electronic recording devices will be permitted in the theatre. Failure to comply may result in your device being confiscated.
- Once the program has started, doors to the venue and theatre will be closed. No latecomers will be permitted entry.
Michelle Robinson Obama served as First Lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017.
As a transformative First Lady, Mrs. Obama launched and led four key initiatives: Let's Move!, to address the challenge of childhood obesity; Joining Forces, to support veterans, service members and their families; Reach Higher, to inspire young people to seek higher education; and Let Girls Learn, to help adolescent girls around the world go to school.
Before becoming First Lady, Michelle Obama attended Princeton University and Harvard Law School. She started her career as an attorney at the Chicago law firm, Sidley & Austin, where she met her future husband, Barack Obama. She later worked in the Chicago mayor's office, the University of Chicago, and the University of Chicago Medical Center. Mrs. Obama also founded the Chicago chapter of Public Allies, an organization that prepares young people for careers in public service.
President & Chief Executive Officer, Vancity
Preferred Media Partner: